Question
Posted by: freeded | 2008/07/09

High Voice

Just a repost of something I wrote a few days ago. I haven't received a response. Thanks for the help

________________________________________

I'm a 17 year old boy with a very high voice. I've wanted to lower it for years and have taken 5 years of vocal training to try and lower it. I know I'm going through puberty and that my voice is consistently changing, but I am an actor and my voice is preventing me from getting the roles I want. I want to go to my doctor and ask for testosterone pills or patches or whatever, but I'm not sure if they would help my problem. Would testosterone help lower my voice? And would a doctor think of prescribing them to someone my age? Thanks for the help

Dear Freeded
Unfortunately if you take hormone treatment too early this can impede your length growth, so I would not advise this. You still have your whole life in front of you - try to hang in there for a year or two, your voice should stabilize by then!