Question
Posted by: Avril | 2011/05/23

High Risk Pregnancy

Perhaps you can help. I have a congenital heart disease and have only 1 working ventricle in my heart. My last operation was when I was 7 years old - I am now 27. I am wanting to have a baby with my partner and have been told by my cardiologist that this is not advisable and he will not endorse the pregnancy. He says that my condition is very rare and that the last month of pregnancy would pose a problem. Is there anyone I can contact for a second opinion and someone who is willing to take on a high risk pregnancy!

Dear Avril

The advice of your cardiologist seems to be reasonable and I am sure that a second opinion from another cardiologist would confirm this. I am not sure if any obstetrician would be willing upfront to take on such a situation against the advice of the cardiologist or cardiologists.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/05/26

Dear Avril

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert