Posted by: Shana | 2009-01-23

High risk pregnancy

I ' ve just suffered my 5th miscarriage at 18weeks due to an incompetant cervix. The baby was perfect but my water broke and nothing could be done to safe him. I was diagnose with a uterine septum in July last year which was corrected and the cause of the previous 4miscarriages.

Should I see the gynae more often due to my medical history should I become pregnant again. Or should I find a doctor which specialised in high risk pregnancies. I really want to cover all the bases because I become pregnant again.

Cervical incompetence is often associated with uterine septa. You should probably have a cervical stitch in your next pregnancy. This is done at about 12 weeks and you should see your doctor regularly after that.