Question
Posted by: kelvin | 2010/01/21

High Protien Diet

Hello

I understand the problems with a high protien diet. In you article you mentioned using a balanced meal with high level of carbs. I cannot agree with you on this one. One of the major reasons people are overweight is because the eat to much saturated fat and way to many carbs. The major reason for obesity is the high amounts of carb overload in the modern population.

Dear Kelvin
Thank you for your comments. If you consider that our ancestors and rural communities to this day, ate/eat very little "food from animals", but ingested/ingest approx. 75% of their energy in the form of unprocessed, high-fibre carbohydrates and obesity and diseases of lifestyle were not a problem then you may understand why it is a good idea to eat high-fibre, low-fat carbs and small quantities of meat, etc. If you cut down on fat which includes all fatty food from animals and all cakes, pies, chocolate, then you will also automatically cut out all carbs with a high fat and sugar content. Carbs are not the enemy, but fat and kJ are!

2
Posted by: JMB | 2010/01/29

I agree, good low GI carbs are not the culprit-its the bad carbs such as pies and cakes-even pizza! Take pasta for example, it is not the pasta that is fattening but the rich sauces we add. Another example would be potato-a baked potato will not add any kilo' s but we tend to submerge it with butter or cream...

Reply to JMB

Dear Kelvin