Posted by: Fatty | 2009-03-25

High Proteine Diet vs bloodgroup

I am on a high protien diet which includes of course protiens and veg - no carbs or fruit is however allowed. I was told that this is the best diet if your bloodgroup is O+. Together with the diet I get vitamins, folic acid to take daily and Vitamin B complex injections once a week. Your comment on this would be appreciated.

Dear Fatty
I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group O needs to cut out carbs, is not logical and also that by doing this you will lose weight. If you start eating only lamb, beef and other red meat you will increase your intake of energy, fat and saturated fat and cholesterol a lot, so rather leave this idea alone. The theory that people with some of the 'ancient' blood groups can't eat grains and legumes is nonsense because well preserved bodies of people who died more than 7000 years ago have been found in the ice of glaciers and when their stomach contents were analysed the researchers found that these people had been eating wheat and all the other components of a balanced modern diet. The fact that you need extra vitamins indicates that this diet is not balanced. You should rather be obtaining those nutrients from a balanced diet which includes all the food groups.

Posted by: Tired of struggeling | 2009-04-14

Can you please help me? I' m 25 kg over weight and tried everything. I love exercising but on weekends I eat everything and gain weight. I lost 25 kg 2 years ago and gain 5 kg again after stop smoking. I’ m 29 years old, 1.79 m. I don’ t want to take any diet tablets because I used it for years and I know that it is addictive. I looked at the Atkins diet and the blood group diet but after I read your comment I don’ t know. Please let me know? Fatty I dont realy know what to tell you but I think it is only by grace that we will win this battle.

Reply to Tired of struggeling