Question
Posted by: Fuming | 2009/10/13

High protein gym Diet = Gas

Hi DD, I gym alot and am trying to gain weight, I eat well, and alot.
I make use of protein supplements as well and the results are pleasing, the problem being, this lifestyle causes some rather smelly flatulents, not good... how can I fix this?

Dear Fuming
It is possible that your high protein intake is causing the smelly flatus. Proteins like eggs contain sulphur which can cause a smell like rotten eggs of sulphur dioxide. Without knowing what your protein supplements contain, tt is difficult to judge which one is giving you this wind. In general, raw onions, garlic, and the rest of the onion family and most legumes (dry cooked or canned dry beans, peas, and soya) can also cause smells. You can use a food diary and record all the foods you eat and then leave out one at a time to see if this condition improves.

3
Posted by: Still Fuming | 2009/10/14

I already do both of what you recomend, bowel movement is most definetly not a problem, it' s the " toxic"  gas that causes a problem.

Reply to Still Fuming
Posted by: almost mad | 2009/10/14

Try drinking milk every night or eating high fibre to make you clean your stomach everyday.

Reply to almost mad

Dear Fuming