Question
Posted by: Anne | 2012/07/10

High Protein Diet

I''m on the high protein diet now for 7 weeks and lost 7 kg. Should i be worried about my cholestrol, i have never had problems with it. How safe is the Chromium tablets?

Dear Anne
I am personally not in favour of the high-protein, high-fat diets because there is the risk of developing high cholesterol levels, gout, constipation (due to lack of dietary fibre) and various deficiencies. It may be prudent to ask your medical dr to have your cholesterol levels tested at regular intervals if you intend to stay on this high-protein diet for long periods. As chromium is a heavy metal it should not be taken in excess. Do not take more than 200 microgram per day. The UK Health Agency also warns that the use of chromium picolinate is not advised and that one should rather use chromium polynicotate.
Take care

1

Dear Anne
Take care