Posted by: Rina | 2008-11-03

High protein -coffee

I know this diet is not good for you but IT WORKS, I have been on this diet of and on, when I need to lose some kilos I go on this diet for two weeks and lose what I need to lose, Now I need to know are you allowed to have tea and coffee in the first two weeks I have never left it out before but know I want to lose about 10-15kg in two weeks.

Dear Rina
I am worried that you stop and start with this highly unbalanced, high-protein, high-fat diet all the time. What this is doing to your metabolism and health one cannot even guess at. And to try and lose up to 15 kg in 2 weeks, is really risky. Not even the contestants on the SA Biggest Loser show tried to achieve such losses. The one question I have, is if this is such a successful diet why do you need to use it over and over again? If you used a balanced low-fat diet and exercise and changed your basic lifestyle you would not have to yo-yo all the time.
Please take care

Posted by: Honest, not rude | 2008-11-03

The mere fact that you now want to loose 10-15kg on this diet proves that it doesn' t work contrary to what you claim. If it worked sucessfully, you wouln' t ' need'  to loose so much weight in such a short time period, which is complely unrealistic to start off with.

Reply to Honest, not rude