Question
Posted by: Natasha | 2010/08/23

High Progtesterone Level

I am trying to fall pregnant for more than a year. I went to a hormonal doctor 4 month ago. All my levels are now fine, except my high progtesterone level did not change, it is 57.9 taken on day 21. Is this good or bad? She subscribe Pantethine 300mg. Can my high progtesterone level be the reason I dont fall pregnant? I have a boy of 8 years old.

Dear Natasha

A high progesterone level on day-21 is regarded as a good sign and suggests indirectly that ovulation is occurring. Therefore I would look to other possibilities to explain the fertility problem and in particular I would recommend that you have your tubes evaluated to see if they are patent or blocked.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/08/27

Dear Natasha

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert