Question
Posted by: Zak | 2011-05-12

High liver enzymes

I have been diagnosed with high liver enzymes.I went for blood tests for hepatitis which came back clear and did an ultrasound of the liver which also was fine.My gastroenterologist wants me to do a liver biopsy. Is this necessary? I have been taking a lot of pain medication in the past specifically panado and I am on eltroxin as I have an under active thyroid diagnosed about 8 month ago which has stabilized.I have taken the radioactive iodine treatment for this.Please suggest what I should do and can you recommend a good liver specialist in the Durban area?

Zak

A liver biopsy is essential to make a proper diagnosis. Contact your nearest private hospital for details of a liver specialist (hepatologist) in your area. Unfortuantely, I am not familiar with the specialists in your area.

4
Posted by: Shavona | 2016-06-28

Hi Zak, my mother currently has the same issue .Can you tell me what you did to combat this?

Reply to Shavona
Posted by: Shavona | 2016-06-28

Reply to Shavona
Posted by: Shavona | 2016-06-28

Reply to Shavona
Posted by: Shavona | 2016-06-28

Reply to Shavona