Question
Posted by: ronel | 2009/10/09

High LH and FSH levels?

What does it mean if I have high LH and FSH levels? I think they are 9 on CD 3. I am 36. I have endometriosis as well. Can this be related? Does it mean that my eggs are not as viable?

Dear Ronel

Day-2 or day-3 high FSH levels are associated with poor ovarian reserves. What this means that your ovaries may not respond well to stimulating drugs and therefore you may require a higher dose to stimulate the ovary to produce follicles. An FSH level of greater than 10 on day-3 is associated with a higher chance of having a poor ovarian reserve. However one does not only take FSH levels into account you should take FSH levels, anti-mullerian levels and a pelvic ultrasound to see if the antral follicle count is adequate, you then put all three of these factors together to assess for ovarian reserve. Severe endometriosis can affect ovarian function and may contribute to having high FSH levels.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/10/21

Dear Ronel

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert