Question
Posted by: Susan | 2010/12/23

High insulin resistance level?

I went for blood tests on Monday and yesterday the dr filling in for my dr informed me that my insulun resistance level test came back as 11.4. She said that I should just check my diet, but I told her that I''ve been on a diet for 2mnths now, excluding sugar and only eating wholewheat breads and pastas and brown rice. I''m worried about this level since my whole family on my dad''s side suffers from diabetes and cardiovascular disease, so I feel this result should not be taken lightly? Am I unnecesary concerned?
My iron level both in my stores and blood also dropped, I was on iron IV two years ago.

Hallo Susan
Your insulin level is borderline high and if you are already following a "diabetic" diet, and exercising 30 minutes per day and it is still high, you may need to start using medication like Glucophage. It can however wait until your regular doctor is back in the office. If your HB is less than 12 and your iron levels is below normal, your doctor may need to consider giving you iron supplements again.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/12/24

Hallo Susan
dr Bets