Question
Posted by: Amos | 2009-11-03

High Insulin- Pre-diabetic?

Dear Doctor

My fasting insulin (tested last week) is 32, and my doctor say that I am in a pre-diabetic state. My sugar level has always been normal.
The test was ordered as I failed to lose any weight despite a strict diet and a vigorous exercise program.

How long will it take (approx) to become diabetic from this level?

Thanks in advance

Hallo Amos
One can't really predict - it depends on your diet and amount of exercise you do and your family history/genetic factors. Eating a diabetic diet, losing excessive weight and doing regular exercise (30 min per day) will delay the process and can even turn it around.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-04

Hallo Amos

Reply to cyberdoc