Question
Posted by: stressing | 2010/12/02

high insulin - cysts on ovaries

hi. I''ve been to the gynae and my insulin level is 16 he said I should go on glucophage to bring it down because it is causing cysts is this true? wat is the normal insulin level. will cysts go away. he thinks I have Pcos. please advise as I''m worried. thank you

PCOS and high insulin levels go together. The one doesn't really cause the other. The treatment for insulin resistance is Glucophage. The cysts don't go away, but the problem can be controlled.

2
Posted by: LL | 2010/12/03

The cyst wont just go away but the glucophae helps with the resistance of your cells taking up insulin from the food you eat and controlling weight etc. I have PCOS (have had it for 10+yrs) also back on glucophage. A normal level is below 9. Just google it, and do lots of research, it''s nothign to be scared of. good luck!

Reply to LL