Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2008/08/26

High Heels - Terrible foot pain

Good Day

Im 28 years old, and unable to wear high heels, the bottom of my feet get so painful. The bones and heels become so painful. I have to wear takkies everyday or flat shoes. What can i do to help myself to wear high heels. I have been to a podiatrist before who suggested a inner soul. but that just affected my back more.

Please help

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Sandy

Unfortunatly the human foot is not designed to wear high heels. Fashion demands that women wear these shoes but the reality is they are responsible for many foot problems later in life. While it is true that many women can get away with it, the majority will suffer some adverse effects either in the short or long term. Inner soles are normally not designed to be worn in a high heel shoe and will have little or no effect. My advice would be; look after your feet, don't wear any shoe that makes your foot uncomfortable.

This is one of a podiatrist's biggest challenges; how to combine function with fashion.

Chris