Posted by: Worried | 2010-09-18

High HDL cholesterol?

I did a fasting cholesterol test on 29 December 2009 and the results show that my cholesterol is almost at the " top limit" .

The report said the following:
Total Triglycerides = 1.2
Total Cholesterol = 5.1
HDL Cholesterol = 2.8
LDL Cholesterol = 1.8
Total Cholesterol/HDL ratio = 1.8

I know that the HDL cholesterol is the " good"  cholesterol, but what are the implications if you have high HDL cholesterol like I do? Is it something that I should be concerned about?

FYI - I am a 30-year old female, normal blood pressure, follow a good diet, in good general health &  I exercise regularly.

Thank you very much

I do not think that you should be too concerned, as HDL is the beneficial cholesterol.

Posted by: Worried | 2010-09-18

Sorry Doc, forgot to say that the test was done while I was visiting my family in Australia.
The measurements have a measurement unit of (mmol/L) - I''m not sure what that means, but I''m sure you''ll know :-)

Reply to Worried