Posted by: Warren | 2009-02-03

High-Frequency Tinnitis

To whom it may concern,

I was just wondering if there is a cure yet or form of medication that can reduce the noise level associated with High-Frequency Tinnitis?

I have quite a servere case and it just seem to be getting louder and louder, it keeps me awake at night and I get pounding headaches... I've tried all sorts of techniques including play a radio to try and drown out the noise but nothing seems to help!

Is there something I can do or is there someone who can help?

Warren de Bruyn

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Warren
There are various medications that can help for tinnitus - the ideal is to first have a full examination by an Ear nose and throat specialist to determine possible causes that can be removed. Side effects of some medications, stress, vascular abnormalities, impacted ear wax and infections are some of the treatable causes of tinnitus.
Ask your GP to refer you to an ENT specialist in your area