Posted by: Christa | 2011-10-17

High Ferritin

I have a ferritin level of 171. I had a hysterecotomy 11 years ago, lost 1 ovary 6 years ago and went into menopause about 2 years ago (estrogen depleted) During that time I also started having chronic muscle aches and pain and arthritis in my fingers. My urine pH is between 6 and 7. I do eat a very healthy diet with the occasional cheats. My bloodsugar is quite stable, I don''t have cravings but need to eat every 4 to 6 hours. I also try to eat more alkaline foods. Does the high ferritin levels got something to do with all the body aches? I donated blood a few days ago and felt so much better for only 3 days, now I''m back to aching every day............I''m stiff in the mornings and after sitting for a while.

Ferritin levels can be elevated as an acute phase reactive protein, that can be indicative of a disease in the body. It can also be indicative of disease which causes excess iron inside the body. I suggest that you consult your doctor for further tests, to eliminate possible causes for the elevated ferritin levels. Donating blood can be the reason why you felt so much better.