Question
Posted by: Cornelia | 2009-09-29

High day 2 FSH and LH levels

Luteal phase blood results normal. Did ovulate but day 2 FSH and LH levels still high. What may cause this? Should I be worried? I am 29.

You are right that high FSH is associated with premature ovarian failure, but then you should not have ovulated. I am also not sure of the reason why your doctor had these bloods checked. You should discuss the results with your gynaecologist.

3
Posted by: Cornelia | 2009-10-05

Thanks. None of those home ovulation kits gave a positive result and I was worried that I am not ovulating due to 3 yrs on Depo Provera. Trying for baby. In the meantime I did get the exact values from the gyne and they are FSH 7.1 and LH 6.7 which isn' t that high. I think she would like these values to be a bit lower.

Reply to Cornelia
Posted by: Cornelia | 2009-09-30

I only received an sms with the result from my gyne, saying " Blood result back. Did ovulate, but FSH and LH still high, try Inofolic for 3mnths and repeat bloods"  When I google high FSH I get information about premature menopause or ovarian failure. I' m worried.

Reply to Cornelia
Posted by: Jenny | 2009-09-30

What was your FSH reading? how much over 12 ?

Reply to Jenny