Question
Posted by: nikki | 2010/06/15

high court

Can i approach the High Court without a lawyer? What if i cannot afford lawyers and need someone to hear my story? where on earth do i go???
see previous posting 133

Expert ImageFamily law expert

Hi Niki,

It is not advisable that you approach the court on your own. But having said that, the process that you need to embark on is not that difficult. You will need to file an application to vary the current order. This is done by an affidavit served on your ex and then filed at court. I will however first send him a lawyer's letter, spelling out the times and if he still act as usual then consider bringing a formal application.

2
Posted by: family law expert | 2010/06/16

Hi Niki,

Reply to family law expert
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010/06/15

If you do not earn a salary or any income then you can contact the pro-bono free attorneys at the high court, you have to apply and might be sent back to the legal aid offices for a check if you qualify then back to the high court.

Reply to G-Dad