Posted by: Ronald | 2010-06-12

High cholestrol? medication needed?

As part of a full medical by my GP, preceded by 12 hour fasting, my lipid results are as follows: total cholestrol=6,2-LDL=4,0-HDL and triglycerides=both normal  ecg=normal 
I don''t have >  2 eggs/week  butter is not >  than that for a slice of bread / day  1 piece of light coloured cheese/day  rolled oates, seeds, honey and cinnamon for breakfast-1 fruit / day  eat red meat only 1x/week(grilled chicken and fish otherwise)-eat vegetables regularly-only alcohol is not >  1 glass of red wine / day  limited exercise-perhaps 30 min fast walk 3x/week  my GP recommends increase exercise and re-test in September = your advice please!

It sounds like if you are in good hands but you can consult a dietrician for more assistance with your diet.