Posted by: Terri | 2010-07-23

High Cholesterol

I am a 25 year old female, I am somewhat underweight (have been all my life), I weigh 47 kg, and I am 1.58 m high. I exercise refularly, although don''t do excessive cardio as I don''t want to lose weight. My activities include 1h pilates a week, about 2h of surfing a week, and one to two 1h gym sessions a week. I eat healthy (there is room for improvement but I think I am doing quite well). I eat fish (but not prawns, shellfish or calamari), love fish, sushi. I don''t eat bread at all (occasionally a slice of white bread toast or french toast but this is rare), I eat very small portions of red meat, and not frequently, and not the fat. I do use full cream milk, but very little in coffee/tea, and very little in cereal because I don''t like milk. I eat my fruit and veg, wholewheat or wholegrain cereals. I love tree nuts, not peanuts, don''t eat peanut butter. Only cook with extra virgin olive oil, don''t like anything fatty or oily. I steam or roast vegetables. I do love gravey and sauce but don''t have on a regular basis.

I really can''t understand why I have high cholesterol?

There is nothing wrong with your diet but it is possible that you have a genetic related high cholesterol count. You should ask your doctor to test for this. It is a pity that you did not provide me with your lipid profile results.