Question
Posted by: toni | 2008/10/27

high cholesterol

i did a cholesterol test and the results were 6,9. i dnt understand why its high when i am 27 yrs old female, weight 55 and height 1.66. i play sports and my job is active.I use olive oil to cook and flora ltie butter. i dont eat eggs and cheese often(twice a month) and i have a smal piece of meat most nights. i eat take-out once a week. i watch what i eat. i do eat sweets and ice cream regularly. There is no history of high cholesterol in my family. could the reading be incorrect? What are the implicatons of high cholesterol for me?

Dear Toni
Do a fasting lipogram (early in the morning - when you haven't eaten from 22h00 previous evening) to confirm. If still high you may have ideopathic hypercholesterolemia ( which in plain English mean that we don't know what causes it!) You seem to eat healthy enough. If still high you may need to take medication to bring it down - we want cholesterol to be at least under 5.

1
Posted by: John | 2008/10/28

My dr will be happy if my cholesterol is 6,9.
There is good and bad cholestrerol. The 6,9 is of the not so bad. Have a good test by PathCare! do not worry to much.

Reply to John