Question
Posted by: Rebecca | 2011/09/23

High BP meds and dizzy spells

I have been on BP medication for about a month now and my BP has finally stabilised the only problem is that every day about 2 to 3 hours after I take the meds, I suffer from a dizzy spell. Feels like I am going to faint. I normally sit down and wait for it to pass. Is this just my body getting use to the lower BP and will it pass?

Rebecca

It is possible that your blood pressure is dropping too low. I recommend that you get a blood pressure monitor to be used at home, in order to monitor your readings when you experience these dizzy spells. The blood pressure medication might have to be adapted to suit your personal needs.