Posted by: G Rawbone | 2013-01-19

High BP &  potassium

I am 87 have high BP and low potassium &  low sodium levels. I take Tenchlor for the BP 3 Plenish K tablets. I still battle with my BP going up and my pottasium dropping. i try to eat potassium rich food every 4 hours but it doesn''t seem to help. when my BP goes up and my pot. drop I get a red, hot face>  what can I do that will help?

Mr Rawbone

I suggest that you consult your doctor to evaluate your electrolytes. If there is an abnormality, your doctor can rectifiy the problem by supplementing your electrolytes intravenuously. Your doctor should also evaluate your kidney function, to assess where you are loosing potassium.

Posted by: anxious | 2013-01-19

You don''t say what your bp is - this info would help CD with advice! Perhaps you should return to the prescribing doc and have it checked out again!

Reply to anxious