Posted by: lisa | 2012-06-14

high bp

hi doc
i normally suffer with lowish bp average on 90/60 i have had flue for the last 2weeks and when i took my bp at home its 129/90 should i have reason to be concerned, i have noticed the past two days i have been getting headaches. my 37years old .

You should not be concerned about your blood pressure, as it might be raised due to the viral infection, which is also the cause for your headaches. You can consult your pharmacist for over the counter flu medication. Keep yourself well hydrated and get a lot of bedrest. You can consult your doctor for an examination and a short course of oral antibiotics if a secondary infection of the throat and sinusses is present.