Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-09-15

high BP

Hi Dr my son had to see a Dr today with a suspected broken ankle (it is sprained) What has made me worry though is they took his BP (he went to a govt hospital) and it was
175/109 - is this not very high? the Dr said nothing though

He is 25. he had a very stressful first quarter of this year but is doing very well now. eating healthy and he excercises every day

He has no medical conditions

Dear Anon
It is normal for blood pressure to go up when you are in pain, or stressed or anxious. Have it retested when he is calm and not in pain, preferably for a few times. Look at the average reading instead of just one reading.