Question
Posted by: anon | 2012-03-12

high body fat percentage

hi, as a girl weighing 47kg I am happy with my weight but not with how ''soft'' I am. I have tried doing cardio as this is supposed to be the way to tone, but have no results. With high body fat percentage is it a good idea to add more weight training? Will this reduce the amount of fat and make me more toned and loose centimetres?

Cardio is good to burn fat and get lean, but to tone, you might consider adding a bit more weight training. So to answer you, yes, that might help, especially when people are pretty much in their ideal weight range - not much to lose.

So I think the addition of weight training would be good. Not heavy - aim for 3 sets, 12 to 15 reps, so that means you have to find a weight that you can lift comfortably on the first 2 sets. Strain only at the end of the 3rd set.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012-03-17

Reply to fitnessdoc