Question
Posted by: Lize Swart | 2008-12-09

High Bloodpressure during pregnancy

I am 39 years old - Lost first baby due to high bloodpressure - Now pregnant again - Please tell me how to keep my bloodpressure down and not to loose my baby again

Hi Lize

First priority - medical. You need to speak with your doctor and make sure tha tyou are taking the medication necessary to help you at minimal risk to your baby. This is a medical issue, and you need to very seriously discuss the various options with your doctor.

Other than this, things like diet and exercise can help, but without having first treated your blood pressure problem, they will make a minimal impact. So it's medication first, diet second (the doctor can give some advice, but I would very seriously consider seeing a dietician about this), and then exercise. But leave exercise for now, because it would be reckless to prescribe anything without first knowning that all the other details are in order.

GOod luck