Question
Posted by: wafa | 2011/05/15

high blood sugar levels

IM 34 weeks pregnant and the gynae just told me that my blood sugar levels are high.I live in the middle east and unfortunatly teh gynaes here dont give much information and theres a huge language barrier as well.Id like toknow wat are the risks to my baby and myself and what can i do to help myself now...

The risk is mainly to the baby if this has only developed now. Risks include very big babies and stillbirths. You should stick to a diet but you may also need medication to lower the sugar.

5

Posted by: wafa | 2011/05/17

thx a million

Reply to wafa
Posted by: Xna | 2011/05/16

Hi Wafa.

If the dr says your bsl is high and it is an ongoing situation, it might be that you have Gestational Diabetes. It will dissapear after birth if you are not a diabetic. The only way is to plan your meals carefully and healty, cut out all Fatty/oily stuff, sweet things and drink as much water as you can. Eat lots of veggies and fruit. You have already come this far, just go the last 5 wks and be carefull and evertything should be just fine. Good luck sweety

Reply to Xna
Posted by: Xna | 2011/05/16

Hi Wafa.

Reply to Xna
Posted by: Xena | 2011/05/16

Hi Wafa.

If the dr says your bsl is high and it is an ongoing situation, it might be that you have Gestational Diabetes. It will dissapear after birth if you are not a diabetic. The only way is to plan your meals carefully and healty, cut out all Fatty/oily stuff, sweet things and drink as much water as you can. Eat lots of veggies and fruit. You have already come this far, just go the last 5 wks and be carefull and evertything should be just fine. Good luck sweety.

Reply to Xena