Question
Posted by: anonny | 2009-11-11

high blood pressure unexplained

I went to the doc for a sinus infection and he by the way came across high blood pressure in me 165/80. He did finger-prick sugar and cholesterol tests and they were perfectly normal. I hadn' t been rushing, last cup of coffee was 4 hours before with my yoghurt and fruit breakfast. So what was wrong? What caused the high blood pressure? Is it going to stay? must I keep on checking it? How can I fix it?

Hallo Anonny
Don't fret if it was just a single episode. You can check your blood pressure daily for a week (see if there is a pharmacy near you that has a clinic where you can go for daily measurements) If the average over a week is above 140 at the top and above 90 at the bottom, it needs attention - further examinations and possibly treatment.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-11

Hallo Anonny

Reply to cyberdoc