Question
Posted by: BETH | 2008/09/08

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE PILLS?

I am 47 years old and was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I am using Prexum tablets. Since May I have been struggling with phlem in my throat. I went to the doctor who said I must have an allergy. I use Sinutabs, Advill, anything for sinus, ACC100, allergy pills and cough syrup to help loosen the phlem. Does nog really help. Yesterday I forgot to take the Prexum and I slept through the night without having to take pills or water. Can the Prexum be causing all these problems? If I only drink half a Prexum, would it help?

Hi Beth
Prexum can cause an irritation in the throat - please discuss this with your doctor as you may need to change the tablets. Taking a half will be ineffective for the bloodpressure and will still cause side effects.

1
Posted by: Tinkie | 2008/09/08

Hi Beth

I can assure you that the cause of your problem is the Prexum. I know about a few people who had the same problem. Ask your GP to change your BP medication.

Reply to Tinkie