Question
Posted by: ally | 2010-08-12

high blood pressure and swollen face

Good day,

My left side of the face was swollen sunday. and I went to the dr on monday. My blood pressure was 150/90 and the dr said I had a ear infection and allergy.

I have these terrible headaches and cold shivering. my temples is also paining.

I took my blood pressure this morning and it was 168/90. I phoned my GP he said I dont have to worry, my face is still swollen. I take blood pressure tablets cipla perindopril 4mg every day. but my blood pressur is stil high. do I need to worry about this. Please advise.

Hallo Ally
I am a bit worried about your BP - it is definitely too high. The cold shivering could be an indication of an underlying infection. Did you get antibiotics for the ear infection? If the swelling is still there tomorrow, rather go for a follow up examination or second opinion. You defnitely need additional medication for your high blood pressure.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-12

Hallo Ally