Question
Posted by: Crisy | 2012-04-13

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND SWELLING OF TUMMY

My boyfriend has high blood pressure and is on Cozaar medication. We try and live a fairly healthy lifestyle and try to eat the right foods and excersise. but it seems as though his stomach is swelling and it is not going down. he drinks alot of water so we are not sure if it is that cause. please could you give some advise.

Dear Crisy
I am glad to hear that you and your boyfriend try to eat the right foods and to do exercise to ensure good health in general and help his hypertension in particular. The fact that your boyfriend's stomach is swelling can be due to a lot of different factors: a) bloating or build-up of gas, which can in turn be caused by so many different digestive conditions (e.g. Irritable Bowel Syndrome, ulcers, gallbladder problems, allergies, intolerances, lack of digestive enzymes, etc), that I recommend that he should have a medical examination so that you can get a diagnosis; b) Accumulation of fat in the abdomen -if this is the case then it is important for your boyfriend to lose weight. I would recommend that he should also try a few days without drinking so much water to see if this actually makes his tummy get back to normal.
I hope you will be able to identify what is causing your boyfriend's tummy to swell, so do start with a medical examination.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-04-14

Dear Crisy