Posted by: Katryn | 2009-04-14

high blood pressure and epilepsy

On chronic medicine for epilepticy and high blood pressure. My feet is swollen with fluid retention. Are 25kg overweight. Heard that the wrong combination of blood pressure tablets can cause weight gain, something to do with beta-blocks.
Epilim 1500mg once daily (stopped Epitech 4 months ago on doctor order)
Prexum Plus once daily
Inderal LA80 once daily
Amlac 10mg once daily
Blood pressure differs from day to day. This morning it was 141 / 96. Sometimes it falls just suddenly to as low as 110 / 64. I have my own machine and normally take it the same time everyday.
I do not know how to approach the doctor.

Expert ImagePharmacist

You should ask your doctor about the fluid retention - It may have various causes and best would be to let him have a look. He may feel that a diuretic needs to me added to your treatment.