Posted by: DW | 2009-02-20

High Blood Pressure and bleeding

Hi Dr.

On Wednsday I was felling very tired, so I took the day off work and went to see the doctor. She tested my blood pressure, which was high. I have also been batteling to sleep the last couple of months. She also prescribed me sleeping tablets. (First time in my life I am taking them,). I am a 29 yr old male. She aksed if by bowel movements were normal, and if there was any blood? They were normal, but this morning there was a a lot of blood. Also I have been taking the sleeping tablets, yet I still wake up every morning around 1am. I then can' t fall asleep again. She also gave me a vitamin B shot and I bought some vitamin B tablets for the day time to try help me concentrate at work.

Is the blood serious and what causes it? And what can I do about the irregular sleeping patterns. I go to bed around 8/9pm every night. I am too embarressed to speak to the doctor regarding the bleeding in case she refers me to a prctologist or something. What can I do?

Dear DW

Thank you for visiting

I think your inability to function as usual is caused by a sleeping disorder. You mentioned that it has been ongoing for a couple of months. I suggest that you request a sleep study. Please refer to the following link to shed more light on your problem:

The rectal bleeding will unfortunately, have to be examined by a proctologist.