Question
Posted by: bill | 2011-07-18

high blood pressure

I suffer from high blood pressure, 189 over 104, and i take 50g captomax, 2x a day, one pill 2x a day. I love my sweets, chocolates, condensed milk or anything sugary and I am 73 yrs of age and very stressed out, as Im trying to find work at the same time. I cant avoid all my sugar intake and am suffering from severe headaches, where I get up at odd hours in the morning with a pounding headache.

What is causing all these severe headaches? Is it all the sugar intake? and do i increase my tablet intake every day?

Please help me as my headaches are getting worse each day and my blood pressure is sky rocketing...

Bill

You have severe hypertension that is uncontrolled. You need to consult your doctor to add another anti-hypertensive product, in order to control your blood pressure. I am certain that your uncontrolled hypertension is the cause for your symptoms. You will need to control your sugar intake. I do suggest that you ask your doctor to test for diabetes.

Increase your fluid intake and aim for at least 2 and half litres of water per day. Avoid salt and salty foods, as this will elevate your blood pressure.