Question
Posted by: NB | 2011/05/30

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

Dear Dr Anrich,

Thank you so much for your reply to my previous post. I''ve copied the correspondence below for ease of reference.

I''ve seen my GP on Friday and he subscribed Natrilix SR and had some bloods done. Turns out my cholesterol is 7.8! I don''t understand this, as I''m not a big meat, egg, cheese lover. what can cause this? Could I have inherited this from my father who also suffered from cholesterol?

What can I do to help myself to fix this? I''m seeing my GP again tomorrow afternoon.

Regards,
NB

Subject: HIGH BLOOD PRESURE
Posted by: NB | 26/5/2011

I’  ve been having a headache everyday for about 7 to 10 days now. Yesterday I had my blood pressure taken and it was 149/101. The Nurse at the Pharmacy told me to keep as eye on it for 3 days and if it doesn’  t get any better, I must see a doctor. I checked it today and it was 148/105. I feel really sick! It feels like there is a ‘  buzz’  in my head every now and then. It comes and goes. Should I wait before I see a doctor?

My mother suffers from high blood pressure since she was 28 years old. I don’  t want to go down that road as I saw what it has done to her. What can I do to make it better?

Help please!
N

READER''S REPLY
Subject: RE: HIGH BLOOD PRESURE
Posted by: Jack | 27/5/2011
You dont wait,your bloodpressure is to high,see your gp asap.

EXPERT''S REPLY
Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 29/5/2011
NB

You have moderate to severe hypertension/high blood pressure. It is essential to consult your doctor as soon as possible for blood tests and treatment for your high blood pressure. There are many products available and adequate treatment of your hypertension will make a big difference.

It is possible that you have hereditary hypercholesterolemia. Your doctor can do blood tests to confirm this. I suggest that you consult a dietrician for diet spesifically tailored to keep your cholesterol low.