Question
Posted by: ally | 2010/08/12

high blood pressure

Good day,

My left side of the face was swollen sunday. and I went to the dr on monday. My blood pressure was 150/90 and the dr said I had a ear infection and allergy.

I have these terrible headaches and cold shivering. my temples is also paining.

I took my blood pressure this morning and it was 168/90. I phoned my GP he said I dont have to worry, my face is still swollen. I take blood pressure tablets cipla perindopril 4mg every day. but my blood pressur is stil high. do I need to worry about this. Please advise.

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Ally,

It is most unusual for an ear infection to cause facial swelling, so if you do have an ear infection, you still have to look elsewhere for the cause of the swelling.

The facial swelling can be caused by many things, but my advice is to visit your dentist, as teeth are the most common cause.

You must have treatment for your blood pressure, because although it is unlikely to be the cause of your facial swelling, high blood pressure is potentially very dangerous if left untreated.

1
Posted by: Headache expert | 2010/08/12

Dear Ally,

Reply to Headache expert