Question
Posted by: Merle Butler | 2010-03-13

high blood pressure

i have been taking simply slim and after experiencing dinziness for a 10 days went to my GP he told me that my blood pressure was very high. will this correct itself now that i have stopped taking simply slim ? or will i need medication to correct my blood pressure? i did not tell my doctor i was taking SS as only when i chatted to a friend did she tell me that it''s a side effect of SS.

Dear Merle
I am so sorry that Simply Slim was sold in SA and that so many individuals developed such serious side-effects. Did the gp not advise you on how to lower your bp? or prescribe any medication? If not, you will have to consult him again and discuss the possible cause, namely the Simply Slim, because he will have to check if your bp is still high, or if it has returned to normal after stopping the slimming product. Also discuss what treatment he would recommend. From a dietary point of view you can use the DASH Diet to help lower bp. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. This diet is low in fat and sodium which will respectively assist with weightloss and lower your bp and cholesterol.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-14

Dear Merle