Question
Posted by: NM | 2010/02/16

High Blood Pressure

Hi Doctor. I developed high blood pressure during pregnancy. My baby was delivered at 38 weeks and I was put on medication (Ridaq) for a month after the birth after which I went off all meds. Now, 6 months later my blood pressure was up yesterday again (not that high only 150/100) but doctor has put me on accuretic 10mg for 6 months. Is this common? Does this mean I now suffer from high blood pressure or is likely that it will pass?

Hallo NM
Some people only develop high blood pressure in pregnancy but if you have a family history (mother or father with high blood pressure)you may have a hereditary risk to develop high blood pressure. I usually ask my patients to do their blood pressure for a week every day to see what the average for a week is before I start them on blood pressure medication - to exclude a single high reading.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/16

Hallo NM

Reply to cyberdoc