Question
Posted by: Mel | 2010/01/19

High Blood pressure

I am 24 years old &  I have hypertension, Dr' s diagnosed a narrowed aorta when I was about 15, I am pregnant with our second child. I had a rough pregnancy with our first, was on strict bed rest the last two months of my previous pregnancy &  in hospital the last two weeks,before my son was delivered via c-section at 39 weeks. My BP started acting up at about 28weeks. I am now 13weeks &  my BP is 150/70, My Dr is not to concerned at this moment, but I am worried! I am currently taking Hypotone 500mg twice daily &  adalat 30 in the evening. Is there anything else I can do to keep my BP under control? Any advice would be appreciated!

thank You!!

I don't think that there is anything else you can do, but your doctor will have to keep a close eye on things.

2

Posted by: grace | 2010/01/20

im not a doctor but this is what worked for me.
Keep hydrated drink lots and lots of water, i drank two cups of tea made of celery, sometimes i would even chew it. increase calcium intake and lower salty and fatty foods .
i wish you well i have been there.

Reply to grace