Question
Posted by: JEAN | 2009-04-28

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

I am 44 years old and 34.5 weeks pregnant and i have been suffering for a month now with high blood pressure. I am also constantly out of breath, sometimes struggling to breath and i have had a runny tummy for 2 months. I am taking 5 Hy-Po-Tone 250mg tablets a day. I also take 2 Adco-Loperimide for the tummy. My average blood pressure is about 140 over 98 and pulse rate 105. This does go up and down by about 10 counts depending on what i am doing. I had a very bad nose bleed which put me in hospital all plugged up for 3 days, the ENT guy says the blood pressure caused it. That is fine now. But i really feel terrible all the time, this is my third pregnancy, one at 35 and one at 23 and i never felt like this before. Everyone says it is my age but i have to tell you that this is actually my healthiest pregnancy, stopped smoking, stopped medications no alcohol what so every, i dont work and relaxing a lot, was quite fit before the pregnancy, gymed with lots of cardio etc. What do you think, is causing the illness now?

Your age. Having a pregnancy at 44 years, has a lot more problems than when you are younger. High blood pressure is also related to age, even if you have a healthy lifestyle.