Posted by: Diane | 2009-03-05

High Blood Pressure

I am 48 yrs old. Am about 15 kg overweight. my blood pressure taken today at a Chemist was 150/100. they did it again to make sure. is this worrying - should I visit a doctor?
If you could please advise thanks.

Hi Diane
Take your blood pressure daily for a week and work out the average top and bottom - if the top is >140 and/or the bottom is >90, you need to see a doctor as this could be high blood pressure.

Posted by: Mamma | 2009-03-13

My blood pressure taken at the clinic last monday was 132 /110
My weight 82kg. Please help me reduce my blood pressure and weight. I was adviced not to eat too much salt, sugar, fats and to drink more water . Will this help?

Worried Mamma

Reply to Mamma