Question
Posted by: Annie | 2011-05-12

High Blood Count

Hi there, I had a full blood count done last week Tuesday, I got a copy from the blood bank because my doctor is on leave untill next week, he did the test to check my levels because I bleed quite heavily during my periods. My Mammogram and Pap came back clear. The blood test said that my haemoglobin is high, red cell count is high, hematocrits is high, white cell count is high, and there was another one as well but I cannot remember what it was, I am a 39 year old female and very over weight. Blood pressure is normal to low, sugar is fine.
How should I enterpret these results, waitng untill next week is just stressing me out.

Annie

There are numerous reasons for your elevated blood results. Without detail of these results, I am unable to give you an informed opinion. I suggest that you rather wait for your consultation with your doctor to discuss the results in detail.

Please do not feel anxious, as there could be minor reason for these results.