Question
Posted by: Landi | 2009-09-22

HIGH BLOOD

I visit a nurse every 3 - 6 months for family planning. The second last time I went the nurse told me that my blood pressure is a bit high. I went over the past weekend to get more pills for myself, the nurse took my blood pressure again and saw that it has gotten a bit worse. I`m 24 years old, not overweight. The nurse told me that i do not need to take medication yet. Is there anything i can do to normalise my blood pressure. Might something be wrong?

Hallo Landi
I believe that one should not diagnose high blood pressure on one or two readings. Take your bp every day for a week at the same place and write it down. Then work out the average of the top readings and the average of the bottom readings. If the top is more than 140 and the bottom more than 90 you need to see a doctor for further tests and evaluation for possible treatment. Even people with normal blood pressures can have occasional high readings when stressed, anxious or in pain.

1
Posted by: John | 2009-09-23

NEVER LISTERN TO A NURSE. Go and see a Dr

Reply to John