Question
Posted by: Molly | 2011/09/01

HIGH ANDROGENS??

Hi doc,

PLease help me as to what to dO.

I was diagnosed with PCOS last year April. Was on yasmin.

I then excersized and lost 20 kgs- went from 97 to 77 kg.

I still have the facial and excess body hair problem- so my hormaones arent any better- i dont think npcos is a problem anymore- although im still on glucophage.

I have no medical aid- so bloodtests are so expensive la l - i s there anything i can do for the hair??

I have thinning hair on my scalp now, and my chin is starting to look like a man''s. must pluck everyday, and starting to get an ugly rash from upsetting the follicles daily... i alos have the same on hte back of my thighs.

I am also getting random looong black hairs in my neck and on my back.

Im desperate. please-

You could try Diane 35. If this doe snot help, there are other treatments available but they are expensive and need prescription by a doctor. I presume you did have blood tests initially to check for other things?

1