Question
Posted by: Dulci Vita | 2008/08/05

High Acid Levels

I have very high acid levels to the extent that my eyes burn after I have eaten an orange or any food containing high acid. I get a painful rash under my breasts. My joints pain. What can I do to eliminate the acid in my body?

Dear Dulci Vita
Your kidneys and lungs automatically get rid of acid in your blood through the urine and air that you breathe out. You may however have high uric acid that needs treatment. Ask your doctor to check with a blood test as there is medication you can take to prevent buildup of uric acid in the body.

5
Posted by: Worried Mom | 2009/02/15

My son has been put into hospital twice with terrible chest pains and vomiting with very high sugar levels. He is27 yrs old and is taking short acting insulin and long acting insulin. He says that he can' t eat because is throat and chest are too sore.

He says he has been told diabetics get a complaint were the blood becomes very acidic is this true and what is the cause?
Can the intake of alcohol affect this problem?

Kind Regards

Reply to Worried Mom
Posted by: NAOMI | 2009/02/11

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE INFO ABOUT FOOD CONTAINING HIGH LEVELS OF URIC ACID

Reply to NAOMI
Posted by: gwen | 2008/08/06

please send me an email about high acid levels and what I should do to prevent it

Reply to gwen
Posted by: worried | 2008/08/06

yesterday evening I vomit the whole time. It s only acid coming out. this morning I feel week and shaky. is it dangerous

Reply to worried
Posted by: anxious | 2008/08/05

If you are talking about uric acid levels - have you had a uric acid blood test to see what your levels actually are? If you have very high uric acid levels you could try taking Puricos tablets which help control high uric acid levels and I would think avoid high acid type foods.

Reply to anxious