Question
Posted by: Monique | 2010/03/08

hiccups

I dont exaclty know what is wrong with my cat and i do not have money to take her to a ver right now so plwase help. she is making funny noises as if she is hicupping and then it looks as if she struggles to swallow or something it looks like she is gulping i dont know if it is only a hairball and if it is how can she get rid of the hairball i never saw her ever threw a hairball up she is 2 years old please help

thanks

Dear Monique

More likely to be a stuck grass blade. May sort itself out, if not you will have to take her to a vet.

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/03/09

Dear Monique

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Chill | 2010/03/08

If this weird behaviour is constant, I''m afraid you have no real option but to take her to a vet. Ask if you can pay off the account - alternatively, investigate whether the animal welfare organisations in your area offer a free or reduced-fee service.

Unfortunately pet-ownership brings with it responsibilities, and this is one of them.

Reply to Chill