Posted by: LC | 2012-10-15

Hiatus Hernia

Hi, I have been diagnosed with a 2cm Hiatus Hernia which was infected. Before being diagnosed i suffered with pain for over a year. I was given IV to clear the infection and was put on a 7 day course of Nexiam (this was in June), Now the pain is back. What should I do? I plan on having a baby next year but have read that when pregnant this can be very painful. Please advise.

I suggest that you consult a general surgeon to evaluate your condition. If the hiatus hernia has worsened, it can be corrected with an operation but if an operation is not needed, the specialist can prescribe a product like Omeprazole that can be taken for a period of three months or longer. Please remember, that Omeprazole and related medication can cause birth abnormalities and you will therefore, have to inform your doctor about future plans.

Posted by: LC | 2012-10-17

Thank you for yhe advise. Will go see a dr.

Reply to LC